File Path

yamakov
Hello,
I used to work on Ampl last year at school, had no problems with writing models and data files.
However, I remember I used to drag model and data files to the ampl window and solve the problem.
Today, I am using ampl for work on my laptop, I just downloaded the student edition. It seems I can not load the files by simply dragging them. I remember u can also write the complete file path urself, but this tedious, and acctually not working with me at all.
Please help, how can I just drag the files?

Thank You

[AMPL 1632] Re: File Path

Paul A. Rubin

On Feb 15, 4:13 pm, yamakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I used to work on Ampl last year at school, had no problems with writing
> models and data files.
> However, I remember I used to drag model and data files to the ampl window
> and solve the problem.
> Today, I am using ampl for work on my laptop, I just downloaded the student
> edition. It seems I can not load the files by simply dragging them. I
> remember u can also write the complete file path urself, but this tedious,
> and acctually not working with me at all.
> Please help, how can I just drag the files?

Were you using one of the experimental GUIs for AMPL at school?  (You
can find screenshots at http://www.ampl.com/GUI/expermt.html.)  I
don't know that any of them support drag-n-drop, but maybe.
Otherwise, my guess is that you were using a commercial development
environment at school (maybe AMPL Studio,
http://www.optirisk-systems.com/products/default.asp?navid=ul_2&navname=AMPL%20Studio?).
In that case, you'll need to obtain the GUI from the vendor (and
possibly pay for it).  AMPL itself does not have an intrinsic GUI,
AFAIK.

/Paul