[AMPL 2097] Building cplexamp (AMPL/CPLEX bridge) from source

[AMPL 2097] Building cplexamp (AMPL/CPLEX bridge) from source

Raj_M

Hi;

I am building cplexamp from the source code provided at the netlib
website. I am using the MingW port of the GNU C++ compiler toolset,
together with MSYS, and I have ILOG CPLEX v11.2 installed.

I have successfully built amplsolver.a, however when I try to build
the cplex.exe binary, make exits with 2 errors (not the exact words
but something similar to this):

Error 1: cplex.c: PDalg[0] initializer not constant near wantray.
Error 2: cplex.c: PDalg[1] initializer not constant near wantray.

After inspecting the code (in cplex.c), the following is the line that
generates these errors:
static Optalg PDalg[2] = { CPXprimopt, CPXdualopt };

If PDalg is made dynamic, i.e: re-declared as:
Optalg PDalg[2] = { CPXprimopt, CPXdualopt };
then cplex.exe is built successfully.

After that long story, my question is simple: will this change impact
"behind the scenes" somewhere or is it perfectly ok?

Thanks + regards
RAJ