[AMPL 2068] Is it possible to let AMPL write ASCII file when I type solve?

[AMPL 2068] Is it possible to let AMPL write ASCII file when I type solve?

xu.mathena

Hi All,

I know that ampl -ogstub can write an ASCII file for me. I also know
that add some option to write command will dump an ASCII format nl
file. My question is, is there an option that when set, the command
"solve" will automatically write an ASCII temp file instead of a
binary file?

I need a ASCII file to to some simple parsing, but I don't want to use
the ampl-solver interface since it will be an overkill in my
application.

Eric

[AMPL 2071] Re: Is it possible to let AMPL write ASCII file when I type solve?

Robert Fourer-2

Eric,  Here's the option to set:

   option solver xyz;
   option xyz_oopt g;

Just replace xyz by the name of whatever solver binary you're invoking.

Bob Fourer
[hidden email]