[AMPL 18418] Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

[AMPL 18418] Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

lisa.kredig
Hello,

I want to import data from a 32bit Excel to a 64bit version of AMPL. I did everything how described on the website: Shifting the 3 required data files in the right folder, and replacing ODBC by table proxy in the following way:

table data IN "tableproxy" "odbc“ „file.xlsx“:
I <- [I], h, b;
read table data;

And I get the error message:
Error reading table data with table handler tableproxy: Could not connect to "file.xlsx".

I had exactly the same program/ file/ setting on another pc, there everything worked fine.

Really don't know what to do, can someone please help me?

Re: [AMPL 18419] Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

AMPL mailing list
Hi Lisa,

Could you please run odbcad32.exe and and send us screenshots of the tabs DNS and Drivers so that we can see all the drivers you have installed? ACEODBC.DLL drivers are 64-bit drivers and ODBCJT32.DLL are 32-bit drivers that often do not work properly and should never be used. You should use a 64-bit driver for Excel from that list. Moreover, by using a 64-bit driver and 64-bit AMPL you will not need to use tableproxy, which is something that needs to be avoided too.

In case you do not have ACEODBC.DLL drivers installed, you can install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True) in order to install recent 64-bit drivers.

In case you have both 32 and 64 bit drivers installed and AMPL is not using the correct one, you can specify the driver name in the table declaration as follows:
table data IN "odbc" "Driver=Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx,
*.xlsm, *.xlsb);ReadOnly=0;DBQ=./file.xls" "verbose": I <- [I], h, b;
The option "verbose" in the table declaration is useful to generate additional feedback about the error.

Best regards,
Filipe

--
Filipe Brandão
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM UTC, Ampl Modeling Language <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I want to import data from a 32bit Excel to a 64bit version of AMPL. I did everything how described on the website: Shifting the 3 required data files in the right folder, and replacing ODBC by table proxy in the following way:

table data IN "tableproxy" "odbc" "file.xlsx":
I <- [I], h, b;
read table data;

And I get the error message:
Error reading table data with table handler tableproxy: Could not connect to "file.xlsx".

I had exactly the same program/ file/ setting on another pc, there everything worked fine.

Really don't know what to do, can someone please help me?

[AMPL 18421] Re: Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

lisa.kredig
Hi Filipe,

thanks for the answer. I can't find the odbcad32.exe file...should it be in my amplide.mswin64 folder?

Am Donnerstag, 21. März 2019 13:43:22 UTC+1 schrieb [hidden email]:
Hello,

I want to import data from a 32bit Excel to a 64bit version of AMPL. I did everything how described on the website: Shifting the 3 required data files in the right folder, and replacing ODBC by table proxy in the following way:

table data IN "tableproxy" "odbc“ „file.xlsx“:
I <- [I], h, b;
read table data;

And I get the error message:
Error reading table data with table handler tableproxy: Could not connect to "file.xlsx".

I had exactly the same program/ file/ setting on another pc, there everything worked fine.

Really don't know what to do, can someone please help me?

Re: [AMPL 18422] Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

AMPL mailing list
Hi Lisa,

You can type odbcad32.exe in the Run window (e.g., by pressing the windows key together with R). There are a few ways to access it: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/run-window-windows-7-why-use-it-anymore

You can also use search in the Start menu to run odbcad32.exe directly.

Best regards,
Filipe

--
Filipe Brandão

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:56 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

[hidden email]

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM UTC, Ampl Modeling Language <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I want to import data from a 32bit Excel to a 64bit version of AMPL. I did everything how described on the website: Shifting the 3 required data files in the right folder, and replacing ODBC by table proxy in the following way:

table data IN "tableproxy" "odbc" "file.xlsx":
I <- [I], h, b;
read table data;

And I get the error message:
Error reading table data with table handler tableproxy: Could not connect to "file.xlsx".

I had exactly the same program/ file/ setting on another pc, there everything worked fine.

Really don't know what to do, can someone please help me?

[AMPL 18425] Re: Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

lisa.kredig

the two screenshots are attached.

Best regards,
Lisa

1.PNG (28K) Download Attachment
2.PNG (24K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 18433] Importing Excel File: Can't solve the error

AMPL mailing list
Hi Lisa,

Apparently you do not have any ODBC drivers for Excel installed on your computer. You should install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True) in order to install recent 64-bit ODBC drivers for Excel.

Best regards,
Filipe

--
Filipe Brandão