[AMPL 18394] Help using AMPL and solver

Oscar Guzman
I was in need of help to see if I can even code this into AMPL and using the CPLEX solver. The attached word document has the constraint I want to code. Is it possible to code this into AMPL? I have looked in the AMPL manual and tried to used the and expression, but I kept on getting errors.

thanks,

--
Oscar Guzman
College of Engineering

Constraint Problem.docx (58K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 18397] Help using AMPL and solver

AMPL mailing list
You want to write the indexing set as

{h in Jobs, j in Jobs, k in Jobs, i in ???: k>1 and h <> j}

except with ??? replaced by the set that i is supposed to run over.

Actually the mathematical statement of the constraint in your document does not say what the sets are for any of the constraint indexes h, j, k, or i, or for the sum index o. Thus to get these sets right, you will have to rely on other information that you have about the problem.

--
Robert Fourer