[AMPL 17931] Question

Siwaporn suksee
Dear AMPL Support Services
    I received an AMPL student license from my lecturer since October 2018 for learning and I used The AMPL to solve Location Routing Problem which is in Nonlinear equation and define decision variables are binary. Using BARON solver to solve but  the answer showed  " exit code 18446744072635809915
<BREAK> " It doesn't be showing the optimal objective value. I don't know what is the mistake? I hope you can recommend me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

Re: [AMPL 17955] Question

Siwaporn suksee
Thanks for the explanation I attached the files (.mod and .dat) for you to run on your computer and hope to recive advices from you.
Best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

เมื่อ วันพุธที่ 9 มกราคม ค.ศ. 2019 6 นาฬิกา 53 นาที 16 วินาที UTC+7, AMPL Google Group เขียนว่า:
A message like "exit code 18446744072635809915 <BREAK>" is seen with many solvers and indicates some unknown crash during the solver run. The most common cause of the crash is that the solver ran out of memory, but sometimes the crash is due to some other cause. If you can send model and data files that we can run on our computers, then we can try to reproduce this problem and investigate the cause. If the files are not too large you can attach them to a reply to this message.

--
Robert Fourer
{#HS:749167694-33434#}
On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 12:10 PM UTC, Ampl Modeling Language <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="xnDEqgRAEQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">am...@...> wrote:
Dear AMPL Support Services
I received an AMPL student license from my lecturer since October 2018 for learning and I used The AMPL to solve Location Routing Problem which is in Nonlinear equation and define decision variables are binary. Using BARON solver to solve but the answer showed " exit code 18446744072635809915
<BREAK> " It doesn't be showing the optimal objective value. I don't know what is the mistake? I hope you can recommend me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

Thesis5.mod (4K) Download Attachment
Thesis6data.dat (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 17958] Question about BARON solver

AMPL mailing list
I ran your example on BARON version 18.11.12 and it did not report any error. The attached file contains the BARON listing.

To see what version of BARON you are running, give the AMPL command

shell "baron -v";

and look at the first line of the resulting output. If this command shows an older version, or if it causes the exit code message to be displayed again, then try downloading the current version and testing again.

--
Robert Fourer
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 2:21 AM UTC, Ampl Modeling Language <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the explanation I attached the files (.mod and .dat) for you to run on your computer and hope to recive advices from you.

Best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

เมื่อ วันพุธที่ 9 มกราคม ค.ศ. 2019 6 นาฬิกา 53 นาที 16 วินาที UTC+7, AMPL Google Group เขียนว่า:

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please see the answer that was posted to this group earlier this week:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ampl/piCFkvZeMrE/xnDEqgRAEQAJ

The answer suggests what you should do to get more help. You should send you reply to [hidden email].

--
Robert Fourer
[hidden email]

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 3:11 AM UTC, Siwaporn Suksee <[hidden email]> wrote:
First Name: Siwaporn
Last Name: Suksee
Email: [hidden email]
Phone: +66918288783
Job Title: student
Employer: Ubon Ratchathani University

Question or Comment:
I received an AMPL student license from my lecturer since October 2018 for learning and I used The AMPL to solve nonlinear equation and define decision variables are binary. I got advice from you to use BARON solver but the answer showed " exit code 18446744072635809915

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 11:52 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thesis5.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 18047] Question about BARON solver

Siwaporn suksee
Dear AMPL Support Services
Previously, you have helped me to run the AMPL program through baron solver and the answer wasn't an error. I am considering to buy AMPL and baron solver license but I'm not sure about the answer such as the variables, are there binary?   Can you run the program for me again? Ready to display values of variables such as " Transportation, Locate and Incin" I hope you can recommend me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 6:42 AM AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thesis5.mod (5K) Download Attachment
Thesis6data.dat (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 18058] Question about BARON solver

AMPL mailing list
In the solution that BARON returns for your problem, all of the "binary" variables are zero or one, as shown in the attached listing.

If you need to run some more tests before deciding to buy AMPL and BARON, you can send your model and data to the free NEOS Server at https://neos-server.org/. The page for AMPL/BARON submissions is at https://neos-server.org/neos/solvers/go:BARON/AMPL.html.

--
Robert Fourer

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:41 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

BARONsolution.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 18139] Question about BARON solver

Siwaporn suksee
Dear AMPL Support Services
 Previously, you recommend me to run some more tests at The page for AMPL/BARON submissions is at https://neos-nerver.org/neos/solvers/go:BARON/AMPL.html. I'm done, but I can't display the variables.  Please run the program for me again through BARON.
Best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:29 PM AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thesis7.mod (5K) Download Attachment
Thesis7data.dat (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [AMPL 18146] Question about BARON solver

AMPL mailing list
To display the variables, create a command file that you send to NEOS along with your model and data files. Your command file can consist of a "solve" and some "display" statements:

solve;
display Transport;
display Locate;
display Incin;
display Service;
display Auxiliary;
display Service_hospi;
display Operate_hour;

Just save this in a file (say, Thesis7.run) and specify it as the "Commands File" in the NEOS web submission form. (Do not put a "model" or "data" command in this command file; NEOS supplies those automatically.)

--
Robert Fourer

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 3:28 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [AMPL 18401] Question about BARON solver

Siwaporn suksee
Dear AMPL Support Services
 I'm
teied
to run a large scale problem on
NEO
server(trial) with baron
solver, but
they showed
image.png

and I am going to buy the license of program and BARON solver but I have a doubt that the program can be support the large scale problem?

best regards
Siwaporn Suksee

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:44 PM AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [AMPL 18411] Question about BARON solver

AMPL mailing list
You are seeing error messages like the following:

presolve, constraint A3_17['H324']:
     all variables eliminated, but lower bound = 4 > 0

This comes from AMPL's presolve phase, before the problem is sent to the solver. It says that presolve was able to fix all of the variables in the indicated constraint, and that the result after all the variables were fixed was an infeasible constraint like 4 <= 0. To see what the constraint was, use the command "expand A3_17['H324'];". To see the fixed values of the variables, display x.lb and x.ub (the lower and upper bounds) where "x" is replaced by the name of a variable in the constraint.

The last error message suggests that perhaps AMPL exceeded NEOS's memory limit in the presolve stage. To determine whether the model might be unreasonably large, you can estimate these numbers from your model and data, even without running AMPL. BARON might handle 10 thousand variables, for example, but not 10 million.

--
Robert Fourer
On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 3:48 AM UTC, Ampl Modeling Language <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear AMPL Support Services
I'm
teied
to run a large scale problem on