[AMPL 1644] binary table handlers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[AMPL 1644] binary table handlers

Art Cohen

Hello,

I am trying to use the built-in binary table handler in AMPL. From the
AMPL book, it is not clear what the format of the data should be. I
assume that line 1 contains a header with

ampl.bit n m

where n and m are integers. Line 2 contains a list of variable names
e.g.

var1  var2

and remaining lines are data .e.g.

1   2
11 12

 However it is not clear whether line 1 should be written as

"ampl.bit", n, m

or

"ampl.bit n m"

similarly -- what is the format of the remaining lines.

Thanks
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AMPL Modeling Language" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ampl?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[AMPL 1646] Re: binary table handlers

Robert Fourer-2

Art,

There's additional information on the built-in binary table handler at either
of the following two sites:

       www.netlib.org/ampl/tables
       netlib.sandia.gov/ampl/tables

A README file points to source files simpbit.c and fullbit.c, which give
examples of reading and writing .bit files.

Where you say "I assume that line 1 contains a header with 'ampl.bit n m' ...",
you are describing something that is more like the built-in text table format
described in the book (page 201).  The first line gives the file name (such as
ampl.tab), the number of key columns, and the number of data columns; the
second line gives the column headers; and each subsequent line gives one data
value corresponding to each column.

If you still have something specific in mind that you don't see how to do, let
me know.  I can suggest which AMPL table feature is likely to be most helpful.

Bob Fourer
[hidden email]


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Art
> Cohen
> Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 12:47 PM
> To: AMPL Modeling Language
> Subject: [AMPL 1644] binary table handlers
>
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the built-in binary table handler in AMPL. From the
> AMPL book, it is not clear what the format of the data should be. I
> assume that line 1 contains a header with
>
> ampl.bit n m
>
> where n and m are integers. Line 2 contains a list of variable names
> e.g.
>
> var1  var2
>
> and remaining lines are data .e.g.
>
> 1   2
> 11 12
>
>  However it is not clear whether line 1 should be written as
>
> "ampl.bit", n, m
>
> or
>
> "ampl.bit n m"
>
> similarly -- what is the format of the remaining lines.
>
> Thanks




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AMPL Modeling Language" group.
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [hidden email]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ampl?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---