[AMPL 16155] From variable to parameter

Luca Mencarelli
Dear all,

I need to solve two problems one after the other and the solution of the
first problem is a parameter for a second one. I would ask how in your
opinion can I manage this situation.
--
"Nothing at all takes place in the universe in which some rule of maximum
or minimum does not appear." Leonhard Euler (1707-1783)

[AMPL 16158] From variable to parameter

Marco Paga
Hello!
You could use a symbolic parameter and then a let condition. Something like:

param a symbolic;
.
.
.
objective fun_obj;
solve;
let s:= a;

The specific indexed expression you need to use depends on your specific model; if you could post it maybe i could be more clear. Cheers!

Re: [AMPL 16162] From variable to parameter

Luca Mencarelli
thanks very much !