[AMPL 16094] Delete, restore and drop and so

[AMPL 16094] Delete, restore and drop and so

Peter Greistorfer
Hi all!

It appears as if delete and restore don't work (anymore). I would have liked to target these commands to specific constraints. However dropping a constraint works, but apparently has no effect.

Very basically, my AMPL-IDE doesn't bold out delete and purge (but does it with drop and restore); no problems to fix/unfix a variable ... rather confusing ... I've searched the web and it's full of related examples.

What is wrong here?

Re: [AMPL 16097] Delete, restore and drop and so

AMPL mailing list
It seems that IDE has a bug and it doesn't highlight delete and purge. Although delete and purge are not highlighted, AMPL performs the operations if you send delete or purge commands to it. You shouldn't be able to delete or purge model components using those commands.

Thanks,
Paras

--
Paras Tiwari
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM UTC, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all!

It appears as if delete and restore don't work (anymore). I would have liked to target these commands to specific constraints. However dropping a constraint works, but apparently has no effect.

Very basically, my AMPL-IDE doesn't bold out delete and purge (but does it with drop and restore); no problems to fix/unfix a variable ... rather confusing ... I've searched the web and it's full of related examples.

What is wrong here?

Re: [AMPL 16098] Delete, restore and drop and so

Peter Greistorfer
Thanks, but then I do have a wrong idea: defining a column-assignment-constraint, e.g.

s.t. task {j in J}: sum {i in I} x[i,j] = 1;

I thought, I could do a

delete server[8];

where 8 is in J. Doing this, I earn a syntax error. Where is the misunderstanding?

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 6:39:23 PM UTC+2, AMPL Google Group wrote:
It seems that IDE has a bug and it doesn't highlight delete and purge. Although delete and purge are not highlighted, AMPL performs the operations if you send delete or purge commands to it. You shouldn't be able to delete or purge model components using those commands.

Thanks,
Paras

Re: [AMPL 16103] Delete, restore and drop and so

AMPL mailing list
I don't know what server refers to. You can refer https://ampl.com/BOOK/CHAPTERS/14-command.pdf page 213 for the documentation of delete command. The delete command removes the model component. For example: you could do delete task;

--
Paras Tiwari

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 4:38 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems that IDE has a bug and it doesn't highlight delete and purge. Although delete and purge are not highlighted, AMPL performs the operations if you send delete or purge commands to it. You shouldn't be able to delete or purge model components using those commands.

Thanks,
Paras

--
Paras Tiwari