[AMPL 1594] Null constraint from expand (not solexpand) command

[AMPL 1594] Null constraint from expand (not solexpand) command

Ronald Menich
I've got the following code in a .run file:

problem bSomeProblem;
option presolve 0;
option substout 0;
expand bSomeProblem > bSomeProblem.expand;

and scrolling through the bSomeProblem.expand file I find one set of constraints which all appear to be of the form

subject to cSomeConstraint[ tX, tY, tZ ]:
        0 >= -10000;

I get the same result whether the options (presolve, substout) are there or not.

Note that I ran the expand command and not the solexpand (after presolver) command.  I thought that expand should have shown me the variables and constants of the constraints.    But looking at the output I guess even expand is doing some presolving.   Is that right?

I'm having a tough time diagnosing this one.   I'd like to look at the expand file to help me understand what's happening, but the constraint tells me nothing.

Ron Menich

[AMPL 1595] Re: Null constraint from expand (not solexpand) command

Ronald Menich
Please ignore the note below, I found the issue.

Ron Menich